[Gluster-users] Fw: Deletion of old CHANGELOG files in .glusterfs/changelogs

mabi mabi at protonmail.ch
Tue Apr 4 17:23:16 UTC 2017

Anyone?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Deletion of old CHANGELOG files in .glusterfs/changelogs
Local Time: March 31, 2017 11:22 PM
UTC Time: March 31, 2017 9:22 PM
From: mabi at protonmail.ch
To: Gluster Users <gluster-users at gluster.org>

Hi,

I am using geo-replication since now over a year on my 3.7.20 GlusterFS volumes and noticed that the CHANGELOG.<TIMESTAMP> in the .glusterfs/changelogs directory of a brick never get deleted. I have for example over 120k files in one of these directories and it is growing constantly.

So my question, does GlusterFS have any mechanism to automatically delete old and processed CHANGELOG files? If not is it safe to delete them manually?

Regards,
Mabi