[Gluster-users] TLS support

Joseph Lorenzini jaloren at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 00:20:15 UTC 2017

Try OpenSSL s_client connect to a volumes brick port. Note you can controll
the allowed ssl versions by setting a gluster vol option.

Joe

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 8:33 AM Darren Zhang <hiscal at 126.com> wrote:

So how can I know the default ssl protocol currently using between server
and client? (gluster3.10.0 on ubuntu16.04)

Yong Zhang

On 2017-03-31 20:56 , Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> Wrote:

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 07:01:14AM -0500, Joseph Lorenzini wrote:
> Hi Yong,
>
> Gluster uses the openssl library, which supports SSL 3.0 and TLS versions
> 1.0,1.1,1.2. I actually don't know if its dynamically linked against the
> openssl library nor what version of the openssl lib gluster has been
tested
> with. That is important info to know that is currently undocumented.

It is dynamically linked and the version that is used is the openssl
version that is provided by the distribution where the different
glusterfs packages are built.

Niels