[Gluster-users] Minio as object storage

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Wed Sep 28 23:56:39 UTC 2016

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 11:28 AM, Gandalf Corvotempesta
<gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com> wrote:
>> There's gluster-swift[1]. It works with oth Swift API and S3 API[2] (using Swift).
>>
>> [1]: https://github.com/prashanthpai/docker-gluster-swift
>> [2]: https://github.com/gluster/gluster-swift/blob/master/doc/markdown/s3.md
>
> I wasn't aware of S3 support on Swift.
> Anyway, Swift has some requirements like the whole keyring stack
> proxies and so on from OpenStack, I prefere something smaller....

Have you tried playing with docker-gluster-swift as Prashanth
mentions? All the swift dependencies are handled by the container and
it is quite easy IMO to get going.

We are attempting to improve capabilities of our object interface and
containerized gluster-swift is one of our current efforts to make that
happen. Would look forward to any feedback that you can provide about
gluster-swift.

Thanks!
Vijay