[Gluster-users] FUSE mounts and Docker integration

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 12:39:27 UTC 2016

I would like to use Gluster as shared storage for apps deployed
through a PaaS that we are creating.
Currently I'm able to mount a gluster volume in each "compute" nodes
and then mount a sudirectory from this shared volume to each Docker
app.

Obviously this is not very secure, as also wrote on official docker
docs. There are some cases where users could exit from the mount point
and be able to traverse the whole FS

One solution (I think) would be to use docker volume plugin like this:
https://github.com/amarkwalder/docker-volume-glusterfs

but have to create 1 volume (with replica and so on) for each app is
resource wasting.

Any solution?