[Gluster-users] Distributed Geo Replication Lag

Aravinda avishwan at redhat.com
Wed Sep 7 05:45:15 UTC 2016

Using Checkpoint feature you can confirm that Geo-rep synced till that time.

Set Checkpoint
gluster volume geo-replication <MASTER> <SLAVEHOST>::<SLAVEVOL> config
checkpoint now

Touch Mount point (To record setattr in every bricks changelog)
mount -t glusterfs localhost:/<MASTERVOL> /mnt/<MASTERVOL>
touch /mnt/<MASTERVOL>

Watch the status of Geo-replication, If the Checkpoint status is "Yes"
then Geo-rep synced everything till the checkpoint time. Geo-rep may
have synced more that Checkpoint time, but checkpoint completion
confirms that it synced all files which are created/modified before
checkpoint time.

gluster volume geo-replication <MASTER> <SLAVEHOST>::<SLAVEVOL> status
detail

Also watch the log files in Master nodes for any errors.

regards
Aravinda