[Gluster-users] [URGENT] Add-bricks to a volume corrupted the files

Kevin Lemonnier lemonnierk at ulrar.net
Mon Sep 5 22:59:43 UTC 2016

>    - What was the original (and current) geometry? (status and info)

It was a 1x3 that I was trying to bump to 2x3.

>    - what parameters did you use when adding the bricks?

Just a simple add-brick node1:/path node2:/path node3:/path
Then a fix-layout when everything started going wrong.

I was able to salvage some VMs by stopping them then starting them again,
but most won't start for various reasons (disk corrupted, grub not found ...).
For those we are deleting the disks then importing them from backups, that's
a huge loss but everything has been down for so long, no choice ..