[Gluster-users] Files won't heal, although no obvious problem visible

Ravishankar N ravishankar at redhat.com
Wed Nov 23 10:55:15 UTC 2016

On 11/23/2016 03:56 PM, Pavel Cernohorsky wrote:
> The "hot-client-21" is, based on the vol-file, the following of the
> bricks:
> option remote-subvolume /opt/data/hdd5/gluster
> option remote-host 10.10.27.11
>
> I have self healing daemon disabled, but when I try to trigger healing
> manually (gluster volume heal <volname>), I get: "Launching heal
> operation to perform index self heal on volume <volname> has been
> unsuccessful on bricks that are down. Please check if all brick
> processes are running.", although all the bricks are online (gluster
> volume status <volname>).

Can you enable the self-heal daemon  and try again ?  `gluster volume
heal <volname>` requires the shd to be enabled. The error message that
you get is inappropriate and is being fixed.

> When I try to just md5sum the file, to trigger automated healing on
> file manipulation, I get the result, but the file is not healed
> anyway. This usually works when I do not get 3 entries for the same
> file in the heal info.

Is the file size for 99705_544c0cd369a84ebcaf095b4a9f6d682a.mp4 non-zero
on the 2 data bricks (i.e. on 10.10.27.11 and 10.10.27.10) and do they
match?
Do the md5sums match with what you got on the mount when you calculate
it directly on these bricks?

Thanks,
Ravi