[Gluster-users] geo replication as backup

mabi mabi at protonmail.ch
Tue Nov 22 20:31:32 UTC 2016

Is it possible to set the checkpoint on the master node from the slave node where the snapshot will actually be done?

Because I can see the problem that you have a "backup" script on the slave node which actually does the snapshot but somehow it has to run/set the checkpoint on the master node. Somehow these two tasks need to be coordinated. First set the checkpoint, check if checkpoint is successfully and then and only then create the snapshot. How do you coordinate these?

Best,