[Gluster-users] geo replication as backup

Aravinda avishwan at redhat.com
Mon Nov 21 14:48:20 UTC 2016

Use checkpoint feature along with Snapshots at slave side to make sure
each days snapshot contains all the changes from that day.

When you set checkpoint, you can watch the status of checkpoint
completion using geo-rep status. Once checkpoint complete, it is
guaranteed that everything created before Checkpoint Time is synced to
slave.(Note: It only ensures that all the creates/updates done before
checkpoint time but Geo-rep may sync the files which are
created/modified after Checkpoint time)

Read more about Checkpoint here
http://gluster.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Administrator%20Guide/Geo%20Replication/#checkpoint

regards