[Gluster-users] `remote operation failed` after expanding volumes.

Xiaohui Liu xiaohui.zju at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 16:09:23 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

There are lots of warning message like
-  `remote operation failed` with the path: /path/xxxx/xxx (uuid) [ No such
file or directory error]
- `gfid mismatch detected`

after expanding my distribute-replicated(24x2=48) volumes.

configuration are:
```
Options Reconfigured:
cluster.heal-timeout: 1200
cluster.read-hash-mode: 2
cluster.readdir-optimize: on
performance.write-behind-window-size: 2MB
performance.cache-size: 256MB
performance.io-thread-count: 32
cluster.lookup-optimize: on
performance.readdir-ahead: on
diagnostics.latency-measurement: on
diagnostics.count-fop-hits: on
```

The version of glusterfs is 3.7.13, expanding process as follows:

1.  gluster volume add-brick myvolume brick1 brick2 brick3 force
2.  gluster volume rebalance start

I forgot to fix-layout firstly before rebalance it, so my questions are:
1.  should fix-layout be a required or a option process ?
2. is there any method to fix it?

Xiaohui Liu