[Gluster-users] Can use geo-replication with distributed-replicated volumes?

Bipin Kunal bkunal at redhat.com
Thu Nov 17 15:07:52 UTC 2016

Please find my comments inline.

On Nov 17, 2016 8:30 PM, "Alexandr Porunov" <alexandr.porunov at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have several questions about Geo-replication. Please answer if you can.
>
> 1. Can use geo-replication with distributed-replicated volumes?
Yes. You can.
> 2. Can we use less servers in a slave datacenter then in the master
datacenter? (I.e. if I replicate a distributed -replicated volume which
consists from 10 servers to the slave datacenter where only 5 servers). For
example use less replicas in the slave datacenter.
Yes.  You are free to use.  It is just recommended to have slave volume
size equal to master volume.
> 3. Are there a possibility to enable failover? I.e. when master
datacenter dies we change our slave to the master?
Yes.  You can promote slave when master dies. And when Master comes back
you can failback to master.

> Sincerely,
> Alexandr

Thanks,