[Gluster-users] Gluster File Abnormalities

Kevin Leigeb kevin.leigeb at wisc.edu
Tue Nov 15 16:29:35 UTC 2016

Nithya -

Thanks for the reply, I will send this at the top to keep the thread from getting really ugly.

We did indeed copy from the individual bricks in an effort to speed up the copy. We had one rsync running from each brick to the mount point for the new cluster. As stated, we skipped all files with size 0 so that stub files wouldn’t be copied. Some files with permissions of 1000 (equivalent to ---------T) were larger than 0 and were also copied.

I’m mostly trying to ascertain why such files would exist (failed rebalance?) and what we can do about this problem.

Thanks,
Kevin