[Gluster-users] Volume ping-timeout parameter and client side mount timeouts

Mohammed Rafi K C rkavunga at redhat.com
Tue Nov 15 09:52:14 UTC 2016

If I understand the query correctly, the problem is that gluster takes
more than 20seconds to timeout even though the brick was offline for
more than 35s. With that assumptions I have some

How did you understand that the timer has expired after 35s only, by log
file? If so glusterfs wait  some time to flush the logs to console to
push it as batch, not sure how long. So the actual timing in the logs
may not be accurate.

If you have already confirmed that by using a wireshark or similar tools
that it takes more than 20seconds to disconnect the socket, then there
could be some thing else which we need to look into.

Can you conform that using wireshark or similar tools if not already done.

Rafi KC