[Gluster-users] 3.7.16 with sharding corrupts VMDK files when adding and removing bricks

ML Wong wongmlb at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 18:45:46 UTC 2016

Though remove-brick is not an usual act we would do for Gluster volume,
this has consistently failed ending in corrupted gluster volume after
Sharding has been turned on. For bug1387878, it's very similar to what i
had encountered in ESXi world.  Add-brick, would run successful, but
virtual-machine files would crash after rebalance in one of my
environments. That did not happen in my another environment under same
version (3.7.16).  Difference between 2 was one is changing from Replicate
to Distributed-Replicate, but they are still configured with only
2-replicas. i will have to test 3.8.* with Ganesha to see how it goes.