[Gluster-users] [Samba] glusterfs bits..

Anoop C S anoopcs at redhat.com
Mon Nov 14 07:24:36 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-11-10 at 17:50 +0000, lejeczek via samba wrote:
> hi everyone
>
> I've started googling but have to failed to find if -
> glusterfs does not translate local FS (xfs) quotas and
> presents them to its clients, does it?
> It is only glusterfs own quota functions that we have to
> manage quoatas or ... it is me and my Samba missing
> something? And if I already have my xfs quotas and which xfs
> is local FS to gluster then my Samba should be presenting
> those quotas to clients?

Moving to gluster-users ML for more insights...

If you have quotas already set on XFS partitions which are being used as bricks for GlusterFS
volumes it will be active but will not be controlled by Gluster. Since it a distributed file system,
it is recommended to use only gluster quota commands to manage quotas on GlusterFS volumes backed by
XFS bricks.