[Gluster-users] 3.7.16 with sharding corrupts VMDK files when adding and removing bricks

Kevin Lemonnier lemonnierk at ulrar.net
Sat Nov 12 20:11:53 UTC 2016

> On the other hand at home, I tried to use GlusterFS for VM images in a
> simple replica 2 setup with Pacemaker for HA. VMs were constantly
> failing en masse even without making any changes. Very often the images
> got corrupted and had to be restored from backups. This was over a year
> ago but motivated me to try the VMs on MooseFS. Since then I've not had

Yeah, there has been a lot of bad versions for VM, anything < 3.7.12 has
either huge heal problems or random corruption at runtime. That's why
I keep 3.7.12 everywhere, I know it works well at least with my config,
and since I have no use for the new feature why take the risk to update ?

Interesting comments on MooseFS, I've seen it but never tried it yet
because of the single server managing the cluster, seems like a huge
risk. Guess there must be ways to have that role failover or something.

--
Kevin Lemonnier
PGP Fingerprint : 89A5 2283 04A0 E6E9 0111