[Gluster-users] 3.7.16 with sharding corrupts VMDK files when adding and removing bricks

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 10:58:48 UTC 2016

Il 12 nov 2016 10:21, "Kevin Lemonnier" <lemonnierk at ulrar.net> ha scritto:
> We've had a lot of problems in the past, but at least for us 3.7.12 (and
3.7.15)
> seems to be working pretty well as long as you don't add bricks. We
started doing
> multiple little clusters and abandonned the idea of one big cluster, had
no
> issues since :)

Well, adding bricks could be usefull...  :)

Having to create multiple cluster is not a solution and is much more
expansive.
And if you corrupt data from a single cluster you still have issues

I think would be better to add less features and focus more to stability.
In a software defined storage, stability and consistency are the most
important things

I'm also subscribed to moosefs and lizardfs mailing list and I don't recall
any single data corruption/data loss event

In gluster,  after some days of testing I've found a huge data corruption
issue that is still unfixed on bugzilla.
If you change the shard size on a populated cluster,  you break all
existing data.
Try to do this on a cluster with working VMs and see what happens....
a single cli command break everything and is still unfixed.