[Gluster-users] Hole punch support

Ravishankar N ravishankar at redhat.com
Fri Nov 11 15:00:52 UTC 2016

+ gluster-devel.

Can you raise an RFE bug for this and assign it to me?
The thing is,  FALLOC_FL_PUNCH_HOLE must be used in tandem with
FALLOC_FL_KEEP_SIZE, and the latter is currently broken in gluster
because there are some conversions done in iatt_from_stat() in gluster
for quota to work. I'm not sure if these are needed anymore, or can be
circumvented, but it is about time we looked into it.

Thanks,
Ravi