[Gluster-users] Gluster clients losing acl mount option.

Kamal Shaker shakerky+gluster at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 8 03:45:04 UTC 2016

I'm having an issue on some clients seeming to lose their access use/set
ACLs on gluster mounted filesystems, on booting and mounting by hand, the
mount looks like this:

server1:/input on /data/input type fuse.glusterfs
(rw,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,allow_other,max_read=131072)

after sometime it becomes:

server1:/common on /data/common type fuse.glusterfs
(rw,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,allow_
other,max_read=131072)

And all our ACL setting/using fail. There are no messages in the logs on
either client or server. The only way to fix it is to unmount/mount.

This is on CentOS 7, with the latest Gluster packages (both server and
clients):

[root at client ~]# rpm -qa |grep gluster
glusterfs-fuse-3.8.5-1.el7.x86_64
glusterfs-libs-3.8.5-1.el7.x86_64
glusterfs-3.8.5-1.el7.x86_64
glusterfs-client-xlators-3.8.5-1.el7.x86_64

It sounds a bit like this issue: https://www.gluster.org/piperm
ail/gluster-users/2016-June/027066.html

But that was fixed with a newer version, which we should be running.

Any ideas where to look or what might be causing this?

Thanks.