[Gluster-users] Improving IOPS

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 11:02:00 UTC 2016

Il 05/11/2016 11:45, Lindsay Mathieson ha scritto:
> Six of one, half a dozen of the other. With RAIDZ10 I can lose one
> disk, maybe two without losing the brick. Replacing the disk is very
> easy and fast.
>

> Resilvering one disk in a raid10 set is a lot quicker and less impact
> than resyncing a brick via the network.

Ok, I wasn't clear enough.
Do you have a single RAIDZ10 or multiple RAIDZ1 ?
In a single RAIDZ10, if you totally loose a mirror (thus, both disks
from the same RAIDZ1 set), you loose the whole RAID10.

As you are using Gluster, is much better to use multiple RAIDZ1, each
set as a single bricks. Gluster will aggregate space, so
you'll get the same space as a single RAIDZ10, but in case of a mirror
failure, you have to recover only that single mirror.