[Gluster-users] Shared Heal Times

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 02:59:43 UTC 2016

Just an update - after resetting all the heal "optimisations" :) I set,
in general heals are much faster and back to normal. I've done several
rolling upgrades with the servers since, rebooting each one in turn.
Usually around 300 64MB shards will need healing after each boot. Its
spends about 2-3 minutes doing some fairly intensive CPU, then another
10 minutes to complete the heal. All up around 15 minutes per server.
I'm more than satisfied with that.

So no real problem other than PEBKAC.

Moral of the story - as always, tuning settings for optimisation almost
never works.

thanks,

--
Lindsay Mathieson