[Gluster-users] Gluster Community Newsletter, October 2016

Amye Scavarda amye at redhat.com
Tue Nov 1 02:58:36 UTC 2016

Important happenings for Gluster this month:

A great Gluster Developer Summit this month, thanks to all who
participated.

Find all of our recorded talks with slides at:

https://www.youtube.com/user/GlusterCommunity/playlists

http://www.slideshare.net/GlusterCommunity/

Changes to the Community Meeting

We’re trying out something new for a few weeks, we’ve removed our updates
from the Community Meeting and made it an open floor instead.

Have something on your mind?

https://www.gluster.org/community/ has details to join the Community
Meeting if you’ve never come by. We’d love to have you!

Upcoming:

Our annual users survey will come out in November, we’ll give it until
mid-December for responses and post the results. What else would you want
to see on the user survey?

>From the mailing lists:

gluster-users:

Lindsay Mathieson asks about healing delays:
http://www.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2016-October/028561.html

Pranith Kumar Karampuri asks what application workloads are too slow for
you on gluster?
http://www.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2016-October/028570.html

gluster-devel:

Hari Gowtham provides new commands for supporting add/remove brick and
rebalance on tiered volume

http://www.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2016-October/051104.html

Jeff Darcy posts on Memory-management ideas

http://www.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2016-October/051118.html

New style community meetings - No more status updates from Kaushal M

http://www.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2016-October/051227.html

Notes from Gluster Developer Summit from Amye Scavarda

http://www.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2016-October/051255.html

gluster-infra:

Move of the formicary server to the new space
<http://www.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-infra/2016-October/002905.html>
 Michael
Scherer

http://www.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-infra/2016-October/002905.html

Top Five: Niels de Vos, Pranith Kumar K,  Kaushal M,  Aravinda VK,  Atin
Mukherjee

Calls for Papers:

FOSDEM: https://fosdem.org/2017/news/2016-07-20-call-for-participation/ -
February 4-5, 2017 - Rotating deadlines, November 8th for Storage DevRoom
DevConf - http://www.devconf.cz/ - Jan 27-29 --  November 11th 2016
Vault: http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/vault/program/cfp -
 December 17th

--