[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] Idea: Alternate Release process

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Mon May 30 02:08:21 UTC 2016

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 7:30 PM, Shyam <srangana at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 05/19/2016 10:25 PM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri wrote:
>>
>> Once every 3 months i.e. option 3 sounds good to me.
>

> +1 from my end.
>
> Every 2 months seems to be a bit too much, 4 months is still fine, but gives
> us 1 in 3 to pick the LTS, I like 1:4 odds better for the LTS, hence the 3
> months (or 'alternative 2').

It would perhaps be worthwhile to extend this release timeline/cadence
discussion into (a) End-of-Life definition and invocation (b) whether
a 'long term support' (assuming that is what LTS is) is of essentially
any value to users of GlusterFS.

(b) especially can be (and perhaps should be) addressed by predictable
and tested upgrade paths to ensure that users are able to get to newer
releases without much hassles.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://about.me/sankarshan.mukhopadhyay>