[Gluster-users] Gluster update

Niklaas Baudet von Gersdorff stdin at niklaas.eu
Fri May 27 11:16:53 UTC 2016

Niklaas Baudet von Gersdorff [2016-05-27 13:12 +0200] :

> Gandalf Corvotempesta [2016-05-27 12:17 +0200] :
>
> > Please read this:
> > http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Upgrade_to_3.7
> >
> > "GlusterFS upgrade to 3.7.x
> > "a) Scheduling a downtime
> > For this approach, schedule a downtime and prevent all your clients
> > from accessing (umount your volumes, stop gluster Volumes..etc)the
> > servers."
>
> On the website there a options a (the one you quoted) *and b*. The
> second option says
>
>      b) Rolling Upgrade [TBD]
>
> I guess, this can be translated in two ways. First, at this stage is it
> not possible to perform a rolling upgrade. Because of this, this is
> something that needs to be worked on (to be done). Or, second, it is
> indeed possible to perform a rolling upgrade. Nonetheless, we still have
> to document here how to do; this documentation needs to be done.
>
> Just my two cents.

Please see

http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Upgrade_to_3.5

where it's documented how to perform a rolling upgrade. This is for 3.5
but maybe you can adapt this procedure (in hope that the feature
"performing rolling upgrades" didn't become abandoned in more recent
versions).

That was my third cent.

    Niklaas