[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] Query!

ABHISHEK PALIWAL abhishpaliwal at gmail.com
Fri May 20 10:37:42 UTC 2016

I am not getting any failure and after restart the glusterd when I run
volume info command it creates the brick directory
as well as .glsuterfs (xattrs).

but some time even after restart the glusterd, volume info command showing
no volume present.

Could you please tell me why this unpredictable problem is occurring.

Regards,
Abhishek

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 3:50 PM, Kaushal M <kshlmster at gmail.com> wrote:

> This would erase the xattrs set on the brick root (volume-id), which
> identify it as a brick. Brick processes will fail to start when this
> xattr isn't present.
>

> On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 3:42 PM, ABHISHEK PALIWAL
> <abhishpaliwal at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > What will happen if we format the volume where the bricks of replicate
> > gluster volume's are created and restart the glusterd on both node.
> >
> > It will work fine or in this case need to remove /var/lib/glusterd
> directory
> > as well.
> >
> > --
> > Regards