[Gluster-users] replace brick with brick names the same

Atin Mukherjee atin.mukherjee83 at gmail.com
Sat May 14 03:05:38 UTC 2016

-Atin
Sent from one plus one
On 14-May-2016 4:45 AM, "Lindsay Mathieson" <lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'd like to replace a brick on a replica 3 setup (3.7.11 ). And for ease
of admin and scripting reasons I'd like it to have the same location/name.
Would the following work?

IIRC, as of now it won't work. However this is on our plate and Anuradha
had done some work on this, not sure whether the patch is yet available or
not for review.

@Anuradha - could you shed some light on this?

> 1. Down vng.proxmox.softlog:/tank/vmdata/data
>
> 2. Erase /tank/vmdata/data
>
> 3. recreate /tank/vmdata/data
>
> 4. volume replace-brick datastore4 vng.proxmox.softlog:/tank/vmdata/data
vng.proxmox.softlog:/tank/vmdata/data commit