[Gluster-users] Number of Bricks 1 x (2 + 1) = 3 and arbiter disappearing

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Wed May 11 14:42:49 UTC 2016

On 05/11/2016 08:08 PM, Ravishankar N wrote:

>>> What is the value of this?It should be 30710 for a fresh install of
>>> 3.7.11.
>> root at nginx:~# cat /var/lib/glusterd/glusterd.info|grep operating-version
>> operating-version=2
>
> I'm not sure why op-version is 2 despite a fresh 3.7.11 install. I've
> CC'ed some glusterd devs who can possibly chime-in.
> So that is the problem. The "arbiter_count=1" is persisted in vol info
> only when op-version is >=3.7.6.
it seems like although its a fresh install but this node is receiving
friend request from the peers where this node was part of the cluster
earlier. If this cluster is running with a lower op-version then
op-version will be lowered down for this node and that could be the
case. Check glusterd log of this node and you should be able to see the
incoming friend request messages in the log to prove it.