[Gluster-users] Gluster upgrade planning

Diego Remolina dijuremo at gmail.com
Tue May 10 23:29:57 UTC 2016

Going from 3.6 to 3.7 is very likely not going to happen without down
time. I am speaking from experience.  Regardless of all the
recommendations given about the changes for rpc-auth-allowi-insecure
that came in the 3.7.2 to 3.7.3 versions, I was never able to get
things upgraded to >= 3.7.3 without downtime. Since you are coming
from 3.6.2 to something post 3.7.3, I doubt you will be able to make
the upgrade without scheduling downtime as well.

Some useful posts:
https://www.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2015-August/023207.html

Make sure to read the whole thread of e-mails.

https://www.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2015-September/023470.html

HTH,

Diego