[Gluster-users] GlusterFS Mounts at startup consuming needed local ports for host services

Prasanna Kalever pkalever at redhat.com
Tue May 10 11:33:40 UTC 2016

Hi Rayan,

1. I need to accept this, currently
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_local_port_range was not taken care in
glusterfs, I shall soon patch it with the required changes which will
then start respecting 'ip_local_port_range'

2. Chen Chen observations were right! we have moved to bind insecure
around 3.7.2 period with which we try to fetch a port from 65535 -
down, because of which he observed mount is only using port 60000+,
but in your case you are in 3.6.0 hence client ports start from 1023
if I am not wrong!

3. For now a quick work around could be

        3.1. Specify your ports in
'/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_local_reserved_ports', glusterfs ensure not to
bind on the ports mentioned in 'ip_local_reserved_ports' which you may
wish to use them for other services.

The below command helps in doing so:

# sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_local_reserved_ports=1002

        3.2. As you rightly said, start all non-gluster services then
at last start mounting glusterfs

Thanks,
--
Prasanna