[Gluster-users] SSD tier experimenting

Mohammed Rafi K C rkavunga at redhat.com
Tue May 3 04:42:43 UTC 2016

comments are inline.

On 05/02/2016 09:42 PM, Dan Lambright wrote:

> [...]
So in case of tiering create workload, there is a performance drop. We
are planning to make a volume set command to that can be set if the
workload is small file performance oriented.

I would be interested to see the numbers on a plane tier volume. What I
mean is, create a plane volume, attach a tier, then only start i/o and
see the performance numbers.

>> Requested log file is attached.

This is a regression caused in the latest 3.7 branch release. You can
track the status here [1]. The fix will be available in next 3.7
release. Though it shows the status as failed, functionally there is no
problem, as it just show the status as failed.