[Gluster-users] can't mount 3.7.9 with 3.6.0 fuse

Dmitry Melekhov dm at belkam.com
Tue Mar 29 11:48:35 UTC 2016

Hello!

I installed 3.7.9 on two centos 7 hosts, and I can mount it with
mount.glusterfs ,
I can do this on RHEL 6.7 host too, this host has old version:

[root at roxar ~]#  mount.glusterfs cl2:/rep-volume replica/
[root at roxar ~]#
[root at roxar ~]# which mount.glusterfs
/sbin/mount.glusterfs
[root at roxar ~]# rpm -qf /sbin/mount.glusterfs
glusterfs-fuse-3.5.2-1.el6.x86_64

because it was installed from some 3-rd party repository long time ago
and never used in production.

But I can't mount using version supplied with Centos 6.7:

[root at test ~]# mount.glusterfs cl2:/rep-volume replica/
Mount failed. Please check the log file for more details.
[root at test ~]#

[root at test ~]# rpm -qf /sbin/mount.glusterfs
glusterfs-fuse-3.6.0.55-1.el6.x86_64

Could you tell me what can cause this?

Thank you!