[Gluster-users] rsync question about --inplace

Mark Selby mselby at unseelie.name
Wed Mar 16 20:14:20 UTC 2016

I used rsync to copy files (10TB)  from a local disk to a replicated
gluster volume. I DID NOT use --inplace option during the copy.

Someone mentioned this may have a long term adverse read performance
impact because there we be an extra hard link that would lead to an
extras FS Ops during read.

I really did not understand this but wanted to know anyone had any
additional info about this topic.

Also does anyone have best practices around rsync'ing to gluster volumes.

Thanks!