[Gluster-users] Replicated striped data lose

David Gossage dgossage at carouselchecks.com
Sat Mar 12 16:02:38 UTC 2016

On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 9:51 AM, Mahdi Adnan <mahdi.adnan at earthlinktele.com>
wrote:

> Thanks David,
>
> My settings are all defaults, i have just created the pool and started it.
> I have set the settings as your recommendation and it seems to be the same
> issue;
>
> Type: Striped-Replicate
> Volume ID: 44adfd8c-2ed1-4aa5-b256-d12b64f7fc14
> Number of Bricks: 1 x 2 x 2 = 4
> Transport-type: tcp
> Bricks:
> Brick1: gfs001:/bricks/t1/s
> Brick2: gfs002:/bricks/t1/s
> Brick3: gfs001:/bricks/t2/s
> Brick4: gfs002:/bricks/t2/s
> Options Reconfigured:
> performance.stat-prefetch: off
> network.remote-dio: on
> cluster.eager-lock: enable
> performance.io-cache: off
> performance.read-ahead: off
> performance.quick-read: off
> performance.readdir-ahead: on

Is their a raid controller perhaps doing any caching?

In the gluster logs any errors being reported during migration process?
Since they aren't in use yet have you tested making just mirrored bricks
using different pairings of servers two at a time to see if problem follows
certain machine or network ports?