[Gluster-users] Gluster and SL storage

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Fri Mar 11 16:36:11 UTC 2016

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 06:30:06AM -0600, Venkatesh Gopal wrote:
> No, SL does not give other options to mount its storage. I will have to
> check what options are feasible.

Maybe SoftLayer allows mounting over CIFS/SMB? Extended attributes is an
additional feature of the SMB protocol (if I remember correctly). It is
possible that extended attributes are supported through this? NFSv4.2
(or maybe NFSv4.3?) has optional support for extended attributes as
well, but this is not available in current Linux distributions for all I
know.

Could you explain what your use-case is for providing a Gluster volume
(a network filesystem) backed by an other network filesystem?

Thanks,
Niels