[Gluster-users] Gluster and SL storage

Venkatesh Gopal gopalv at us.ibm.com
Fri Mar 11 12:20:24 UTC 2016

I have a Softlayer Endurance storage volume and have mounted it using
NFS..

 mount -t nfs4 -o hard,intr
hostname.service.softlayer.com:/IBM01SEV330022_1 /mnt/slvol

[root at mycentostester1 ~]# gluster volume create test-volume transport tcp
mycentostester1:/mnt/slvol/gvol

volume create: test-volume: failed: Glusterfs is not supported on brick:
mycentostester1:/mnt/slvol/gvol.
Setting extended attributes failed, reason: Operation not supported.

[root at mycentostester1 ~]# gluster volume create test-volume
mycentostester1:/mnt/slvol/gvol

volume create: test-volume: failed: Glusterfs is not supported on brick:
mycentostester1:/mnt/slvol/gvol.
Setting extended attributes failed, reason: Operation not supported.

So, can we not create a gluster volume on a NFS mount point directory?

Venkatesh.

Venkatesh Gopal
STSM, dashDB/Puffin Development, IBM Analytics
email  : gopalv at us.ibm.com
Phone : 913-599-8721 (T/L 337-8721)
Mobile : 913-231-5907