[Gluster-users] NFS Client issues with Gluster Server 3.6.9

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Thu Mar 10 05:10:11 UTC 2016

On Wed, Mar 09, 2016 at 02:46:06PM -0800, Mark Selby wrote:
> Like you I have checked all the logs that I have access to and I can not
> figure out what is going on.
>
> I have done a whole bunch of tcpdumps and I can not seem to make much sense
> of them
>
> The only thing that really sticks out are a lot of 'fh Unknown' messages
>
> I have pasted the dumps below - If you have minute and can take a quick look
> that would be greatly appreciated
>
> I have mounted nfs a directory and all I am doing is -- touch goo; rm goo;
> echo goo>goo
>
> This results in a  Remote I/O error when I try and recreate the goo file.

The results of tcpdump in a terminal/log are not very helpful. You will
need to write the network capture to a file, like:

  # tcpdump -w /var/tmp/some-issue-description.pcap -i ....

This file can then be compressed with 'gzip'. You can use Wireshark to
open the .pcap.gz file and see the details of the packets there.

It seems you found the issue already (as mentioned in an other
sub-thread), so the above is just for information in case someone is
wondering how to read the provided tcpdump output. You can get a lot of
information from the output, just not the information that is needed to
debug this problem :-)

Niels