[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] Using geo-replication as backup solution using gluster volume snapshot!

Aravinda avishwan at redhat.com
Wed Mar 9 05:45:24 UTC 2016

regards
Aravinda

On 03/08/2016 11:34 PM, Atin Mukherjee wrote:

> On 03/07/2016 05:13 PM, Kotresh Hiremath Ravishankar wrote:
>> Added gluster-users.
>>
>> Thanks and Regards,
>> Kotresh H R

Check my response in the same thread. Geo-rep now has a scheduler
script, which can be used to run Geo-replication whenever required.
It does the following to make sure everything is synced to Slave.

1. Stop Geo-replication if Started
2. Start Geo-replication
3. Set Checkpoint
4. Check the Status and see Checkpoint is Complete.(LOOP)
5. If checkpoint complete, Stop Geo-replication