[Gluster-users] Question about a libglusterfs0 package ?

Martel, Michael H michael.martel at vsc.edu
Tue Mar 8 19:52:01 UTC 2016

Greetings!

After a reboot, our gluster server is consuming memory at an incredible rate and will routinely run out of memory and crash.

In looking at the installed packages (debian wheezy) I see these packages.  The libglusterfs0 seems to me to be an old package and probably not needed.  I think this is because this server was upgraded from an earlier version of debian and gluster.  Unfortunately I cannot ask the system admin who set it up, as he is not longer here.

root at ilm-tv-sv1:/var/log/glusterfs# dpkg -l | grep gluster
ii  glusterfs-client                   3.5.3-1                           amd64        clustered file-system (client package)
ii  glusterfs-common                   3.5.3-1                           amd64        GlusterFS common libraries and translator modules
ii  glusterfs-server                   3.5.3-1                           amd64        clustered file-system (server package)
rc  libglusterfs0                      3.0.5-1                           amd64        GlusterFS libraries and translator modules

Thanks!

Michael