[Gluster-users] Upgrade from 3.6 to 3.7 in-place

Brett Randall brett.randall at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 05:30:51 UTC 2016

Hi all

Was looking for docco on upgrading from 3.6 to 3.7 in place so we don't have
to disrupt our users. The docco here:

http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Upgrade_to_3.7

only covers upgrades incorporating downtime. But hints at the possibility of
a rolling upgrade. Has anyone actually done an in-place upgrade? Any advice?
We've actually never had to upgrade Gluster before, we've been on 3.6.3 the
whole time and are keen to make use of tiering and Ganesha.

Also, anything that can go wrong? Everything online points to a Gluster
upgrade being simple and safe. Wondering if we spend a few days spinning up
a replica test environment before we do this or if we just dive in the deep
end!

Thanks for any advice.

Brett