[Gluster-users] ZFS error in logs

Kaushal M kshlmster at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 06:02:16 UTC 2016

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 10:59 AM, Gmail <b.s.mikhael at gmail.com> wrote:
> I’m trying to use ZFS with Gluster 3.7.3 and I see the following error in
> the logs:
>
> E [MSGID: 106419] [glusterd-utils.c:4973:glusterd_add_inode_size_to_dict]
> 0-management: could not find (null) to getinode size for zpool/brick01
> (zfs): (null) package missing?

The function `glusterd_add_inode_size_to_dict` is called when a
`gluster volume status <volname> detail` is issued. This command
attempts to identify information related to bricks, and one of the
info it tries to find is inode size. Fetching the inode size has been
only implemented for a handful of Linux file systems. The error is not
a ZFS error, it's a GlusterD error because it doesn't know how to get
inode size for ZFS. It should have no impact on the functioning of
your GlusterFS volumes on ZFS.