[Gluster-users] Broken after 3.7.8 upgrade from 3.7.6

Alan Millar grunthos503 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 1 07:16:56 UTC 2016

On Feb 29, 2016, at 5:43 PM, Alan Millar <grunthos503 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > I have tried with entry-self-heal/metdata-self-heal/data-self-heal set both on and off; neither seems to make a difference.
>
> Correction: setting these to ON does fix the actual replicated data.  I checked with md5sum on various files on both bricks, and it matches.
>
> But it does not fix the duplicated directory listing entries.

I found that the duplicated directory entries are isolated to a few directories; it is not everywhere.  Now I’m thinking it was a problem that was there before I upgraded, and I only just now noticed it.  Perhaps left over from a glitch during a rebalance.  I deleted the zero-length files from the bricks, and their .glusterfs GFID hard-links.  Now the directory listing and file access through the Fuse mount are correct.

I’m still trying to figure out why the self-heal-daemon doesn’t seem to be working, and what “unable to get index-dir” means.  Any advice on what to look at would be appreciated.  Thanks!