[Gluster-users] About Gluster cluster availability when one of out of two nodes is down

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Thu Jun 30 06:32:32 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 11:57 AM, Ravishankar N <ravishankar at redhat.com>
wrote:

> On 06/30/2016 11:40 AM, Atin Mukherjee wrote:
>
> Currently on a two node set up, if node B goes down and node A is rebooted
> brick process(es) on node A doesn't come up to avoid split brains.
>

> This has always been the case. A patch I had sent quite some time back (
> http://review.gluster.org/#/c/8034/) was eventually abandoned, I think
> `volume start force` should suffice instead of adding checks in code.

This is exactly what I thought earlier as a workaround. The problem with
this approach here is the manual intervention which users may not like to
apply. I got to know from Joe Julian that this is a departure from prior
behaviour and I got a feedback that we should think about having a solution
where there is no manual intervention/workaround required.

-Ravi