[Gluster-users] About Gluster cluster availability when one of out of two nodes is down

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Thu Jun 30 06:10:40 UTC 2016

Currently on a two node set up, if node B goes down and node A is rebooted
brick process(es) on node A doesn't come up to avoid split brains. However
we have had concerns/bugs from different gluster users on the availability
with this configuration. So we can solve this issue by starting the brick
process(es) if quorum is not enabled. If quorum is enabled we'd not.
Although quorum option really doesn't make sense in a two node cluster, but
we can leverage this option to get rid of this specific situation.

I'd like to know your feedback on this and then I push a patch right away.

~Atin