[Gluster-users] setfacl: Operation not supported

Evans, Kyle evans.584 at osu.edu
Thu Jun 23 20:38:38 UTC 2016

I'm using gluster 3.7.5-19 on RHEL 7.2  Gluster periodically stops allowing ACLs.  I have it configured in fstab like this:

Server.example.com:/dir /mnt glusterfs defaults,_netdev,acl 0 0

Also, the bricks are XFS.

It usually works fine, but sometimes after a reboot, one of the nodes won't allow acl operations like setfacl and getfacl.  They give the error "Operation not supported".

Sometimes it's not even after a reboot; it just stops supporting it.

If I unmount and remount, it starts working again.  Does anybody have any insight?

Thanks,

Kyle