[Gluster-users] issues recovering machine in gluster

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Wed Jun 15 05:48:35 UTC 2016

On 06/15/2016 11:06 AM, Gandalf Corvotempesta wrote:
> Il 15 giu 2016 07:09, "Atin Mukherjee" <amukherj at redhat.com
> <mailto:amukherj at redhat.com>> ha scritto:
>> To get rid of this situation you'd need to stop all the running glusterd
>> instances and go into /var/lib/glusterd/peers folder on all the nodes
>> and manually correct the UUID file names and their content if required.
>
> If i understood properly the only way to fix this is by bringing the
> whole cluster down? "you'd need to stop all the running glusterd instances"
>
> I hope you are referring to all instances on the failed node...

No, since the configuration are synced across all the nodes, any
incorrect data gets replicated through out. So in this case to be on the
safer side and validate the correctness all glusterd instances on *all*
the nodes should be brought down. Having said that, this doesn't impact
I/O as the management path is different than I/O.