[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] 3.7.13 & proxmox/qemu

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Thu Jul 21 14:52:37 UTC 2016

On Sun, Jul 10, 2016 at 10:49:52AM +1000, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> Did a quick test this morning - 3.7.13 is now working with libgfapi - yay!
>

> However I do have to enable write-back or write-through caching in qemu
> before the vm's will start, I believe this is to do with aio support. Not a
> problem for me.
>
> I see there are settings for storage.linux-aio and storage.bd-aio - not sure
> as to whether they are relevant or which ones to play with.

Both storage.*-aio options are used by the brick processes. Depending on
what type of brick you have (linux = filesystem, bd = LVM Volume Group)
you could enable the one or the other.

We do have a strong suggestion to set these "gluster volume group .."
  https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/master/extras/group-virt.example

From those options, network.remote-dio seems most related to your aio
theory. It was introduced with http://review.gluster.org/4460 that
contains some more details.