[Gluster-users] bitrot error correction in gluster 3.8 distributed dispersed setup

Ashish Pandey aspandey at redhat.com
Thu Jul 21 05:27:51 UTC 2016

Hi,

"gluster v heal " command does not heal corrupt files detected by bitrot feature.
You have modified a file from back end and corrupted it.

I think to correct your corrupted files (in fact the part of file in case of disperse volume) you have to delete that part and run gluster v heal <volname> full
to correct the file.

Keeping Kotresh in cc for better input of bitrot.

Ashish