[Gluster-users] Trouble rolling back to 3.7.11 on Ubuntu

tommy.yardley at baesystems.com tommy.yardley at baesystems.com
Tue Jul 19 14:56:06 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I'm trying to roll back my version of Glusterfs-server to 3.7.11 as we are having problems with nfs and ssl introduced with the latest versions (want to confirm this by rolling back).

However, the ppa repository only holds the package for 3.7.13 so I'm trying to build from source on trusty~ubuntu.

I'm hitting various problems such as glusterd not starting:

```
user at host:/var/log# service glusterd restart
* Stopping glusterd service glusterd                                                                                                               [ OK ]
* Starting glusterd service glusterd                                                                                                               [fail]
/usr/local/sbin/glusterd: option requires an argument -- 'f'
Try `glusterd --help' or `glusterd --usage' for more information.
```

My real question here is what's the quickest way to roll back to 3.7.11 as I'm failing to install from source even after following http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Building_GlusterFS.

Many thanks,
Tommy

Please consider the environment before printing this email. This message should be regarded as confidential. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and destroy it immediately. Statements of intent shall only become binding when confirmed in hard copy by an authorised signatory. The contents of this email may relate to dealings with other companies under the control of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Limited, details of which can be found at http://www.baesystems.com/Businesses/index.htm.