[Gluster-users] 3.7.13, index healing broken?

Dmitry Melekhov dm at belkam.com
Wed Jul 13 09:20:03 UTC 2016

13.07.2016 13:10, Pranith Kumar Karampuri пишет:

> On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 2:25 PM, Dmitry Melekhov <dm at belkam.com
> <mailto:dm at belkam.com>> wrote:
>
>     13.07.2016 11:40, Pranith Kumar Karampuri пишет:
>

>         You recipe doesn't work :-(  If there is difference between
>         bricks directories due to direct brick manipulation it leads
>         to problems.
>
>         You have to execute "gluster volume heal <volname> full" for
>         triggering full heal.
>
>     yeah, but I need to know that I need to execute it.
>     any help from gluster or only external script?
>

> I guess it is not too difficult to set up cron/systemd.timer to run
> this command once in a while right?

Too difficult? No.
So you are suggesting to run heal full by cron? Right?
Really, I don't know how much resources this full heal may need in real
installations.
If not much- why self-heal doesn't call it?

> What script do you need to write? I didn't get you.

Which compares bricks directories, and, if it there is real need- it
alerts me, I can run heal full or, may be, just trigger files heal by
reading some files over fuse.
Could you , please, tell me how heal full works and why it is not part
of self-heal process?

Thank you!