[Gluster-users] 3.7.13, index healing broken?

Dmitry Melekhov dm at belkam.com
Wed Jul 13 06:19:58 UTC 2016

13.07.2016 10:10, Pranith Kumar Karampuri пишет:

> On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 11:27 AM, Dmitry Melekhov <dm at belkam.com
> <mailto:dm at belkam.com>> wrote:
>
>     13.07.2016 09:50, Pranith Kumar Karampuri пишет:
>>

>>     On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 11:11 AM, Dmitry Melekhov <dm at belkam.com
>>     <mailto:dm at belkam.com>> wrote:
>>
>>         13.07.2016 09:36, Pranith Kumar Karampuri пишет:
>>>

>>>         On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 10:58 AM, Dmitry Melekhov
>>>         <dm at belkam.com <mailto:dm at belkam.com>> wrote:

Self-heal does not detect deleted or wrong-length files .
Why it can't ? I don't know, you just said it is impossible in gluster
because it can only track changes only made through gluster, i.e. bricks
can have different files sets and it is not recognized (true) because ,
as I understand, gluster's  self-heal thinks that brick underlying
filesystem can't be corrupted by server admin  (not true, I can say this
as almost 25 years experienced engineer, i.e. I did this several times
;-) ).